WHO WE ARE
We are All Things Small and we are the company that collects your personal data and controls how it will be used (the “data controller”).
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting the personal data you share with us and that we collect about you. This policy tells you about how we use the personal data we collect about you when you use our website. It also provides more information about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA, WHAT DO WE COLLECT AND WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
We have set out below the personal data we may collect from you during your use of our website and how this is used by All Things Small.
- We collect your email address when you register to receive our news and latest information by email. This is to ensure you receive all the latest news and information about our new product releases, offers, discounts and events.
- We collect your full name, title, delivery address, billing address, email address, phone number and payment details when you order products from our website. This is to process your order and payment, deliver this to you and deal with any returns, refunds or customer services enquiries. We may also use your email address and phone number to send you our latest news and information by email and/or SMS (unless you tell us that you do not want us to).
- Details of your previous orders, browsing history on our website and products stored in your wish list. This is to analyse what products/ offers we think you’ll like, suggest these to you via your account, display adverts to you when you are browsing third party websites and social media and send you information about these by email and/ or SMS.
- Your name, email address and any other information you include in your message when you send us a message with a comment or question on our website, email, phone or on any of our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or YouTube). This is to deal with your comment/ question and contact you about this if necessary.
- Your name, email address and any other information you provide to us when you take part in any competition we operate on our website or any of our social media sites. This is to enter you into the competition and with your consent, to send you details of our products, offers and events which we think will be of interest to you by email or SMS.
- Your points balance, purchase details and perks redeemed in respect of any loyalty scheme we operate from time to time. This is to process your membership of our loyalty scheme, to determine when you are eligible for perks and to contact you in respect of exclusive offers and events available to loyalty scheme members.
We may also collect, use and share data relating to you which is not “personal data”, such as demographic data or details of your typical use of our website and app. You can’t be identified from this information. We will use this information, for example, to improve our website, tailor our marketing strategy and help us stock products we think you will like.
OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will never use your personal data unlawfully. We have set out below our lawful basis for the various ways we use your personal data.
- Creating and maintaining your account.
- Processing and delivering orders to you and dealing with returns, refunds and other customer service queries.
- Sending you details of our products, offers and events by email or SMS.
- Displaying our products and offers we think will be of interest to you on our site and third party sites (including your social media accounts).
- Analysing your purchase and browsing history, wish list and engagement with our communications.
- Dealing with your comments/questions (where these are not related to a specific order).
- Improving and securing our website.
- Administering our competitions.
- Creating and maintaining your account for any loyalty scheme we make available from time to time.
- Sending you exclusive loyalty scheme news, offers and events.
Where you have made a purchase from our website or app we want to make sure that you are kept up to date with all the latest products, events and offers available on our website and app so will send you messages by email and/or SMS unless you tell us that you do not want to continue receiving these messages by “opting out” or contacting us.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell your personal data to any third parties. We may share your personal data with our carefully selected third party service providers who help us provide our services to you, including:
- Our logistics/warehouse service provider.
- Our couriers and similar delivery companies.
- Our payment providers.
- Our professional partners, including our marketing agencies and website hosts.
- Our IT and technical service providers.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to use your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such information. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our website and app may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and apps. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website and app, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website and app you visit.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the following:
- The right to request access to personal data we are holding about you.
- The right to request that the personal data we are holding about you be updated/corrected.
- The right to request erasure of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- The right to object to processing for direct marketing.
- The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data.
- The right to request that your personal data be transferred to you or another provider.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing (where we are relying on your consent).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You also have the right to make a complaint to your data protection regulator (in the UK, this will be the Information Commissioner’s Office) but please contact us first before escalating your complaint.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy from time to time to reflect how we are processing your personal data so you should review this policy regularly. If we make any significant changes to the policy we will contact you to let you know.